Friday, June 3, 2011

love is not a declaration

but a state of being. THE state of being. it is being.

for anyone who has known me for a long time, i've undergone a radical transformation. for those of you who have just met me, or started reading me, we were probably brought together as a direct result of this transformation. what an amazing universe we are!

i've been slowly shaking off the cynical shit talking that has been the definition of Me. i'm feeling less and less attached to the name La Dick, considering it came from a conversation with a fellow cold hearted shit talker about how we are both just such DICKS. i've let go of that way of being. i am open to love now. i feel calm and grounded and open where before i was shut off. i was funnier then, for sure, but also empty. i was choosing fear instead of love. in every moment of our lives, we have the choice between love and fear. i was choosing fear without even knowing there was a choice.

i am so full of love now. it has been such a journey.

3 comments:

Gage1 said...

I absolutely hear what you are saying. I am making the same discoveries myself and asking the same questions, looking for the same peace.

Good luck in your journey.

liz said...

better and better! I was never attached to "la dick" anyway. you're way cuter than that.

Virginie said...

you sound happy and peaceful :)
i think everyone is a dick occasionally and I totally agree with you, it's always based on fear.
un gran abrazo desde latinoamerica!!